Today, I thought I would share the Fall Floral Trends with you, according to Colin Cowie, wedding planner to celebrities, heads of state and royalty around the world.
Fall Floral Trends
- Incorporate fruits, vegetables, and other autumn harvest botanicals. Add apples, pears, clementines, oranges and even grapes to flower arrangements for a splash of rich color.
- Incorporate twigs, vines and dried elements as reference to the maturing autumn season.
- Bring in elements of gold to dress up traditional harvest arrangements.
- Go for looser, more organic bouquets from which flowers seem to cascade naturally.
- Add sparkling jewels or rhinestones, or peices of amber, to make bouquets more personal and keep with the trend of adornment.
We have a wedding coming up at Villa Serena that will really get us in the mood for fall ~ Mango Calla Lilies, Red and Orange Gerber Daisies and Red Hypericum Berries. The flowers will perfectly compliment the season... reds, golds and oranges. I can't wait to see how everything looks together. As soon as we get pictures, we will post them here!
In the meantime...
Happy Wedding Planning!
Bouquet by Birch Blooms Floral Design.
Photo by Blue World Studios (www.blueworldstudios.com)
Cowie, Colin."Wedding Chic." Florists’ Review. September 2009: page 62.